Well, I’ve finally done it. After several fruitless attempts to resurrect the Newted Community server, I disassembled the Cobalt Qube and extracted the bothersome hard drive. The drive will soon be winging its way to the good folks at Datacent for appraisal and ultimate recovery. Hopefully.
The site backups and existing bits of data from the server were not as complete as I had originally thought. Yes, I do have a few significant chunks of the site available for republishing, but there are several gigabytes of personal directories and other information that remain buried on the hard drive. This is why I have decided to go ahead with the process of data recovery.
I would also like to apologize for the radio silence. To be honest, I didn’t really have any news to share. However, now that some action is being taken, status updates should start appearing on a more regular basis.